This meeting is intended to continue an old tradition of holding congresses of Romanian mathematicians and it is largely open to international participation. Seven such congresses were organized in Cluj (1929), Turnu Severin (1932), Bucharest (1945, 1956, and 2007), Pitesti (2003), and Brasov (2011).
The Eighth Congress will be held in Iasi from June 26 to July 1, 2015, and will be organized by the Section of Mathematical Sciences of the Romanian Academy, the Romanian Mathematical Society, the Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, the Faculty of Mathematics of "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University of Iasi, the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Bucharest, and the "Octav Mayer" Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, Iasi.
A selection of the proceedings of the congress will be published.
Sections1. Algebra and Number Theory
2. Algebraic, Complex and Differential Geometry and Topology
-- Special session: Geometry and Topology of differentiable manifolds and algebraic varieties
3. Real and Complex Analysis, Potential Theory
4. Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations, Variational Methods, Optimal Control
5. Functional Analysis, Operator Theory and Operator Algebras, Mathematical Physics
-- Special session: Spectral Theory and Applications in Mathematical Physics
-- Special session: Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory
6. Probability, Stochastic Analysis, and Mathematical Statistics
7. Mechanics, Numerical Analysis, Mathematical Models in Sciences
-- Special session: Mathematical modeling of some medical and biological processes
-- Special session: Mathematical models in Astronomy
8. Theoretical Computer Science, Operations Research and Mathematical Programming
-- Special session: Logic in Computer Science
9. History and Philosophy of Mathematics
The Congress is organized with support from:
Fundatia Familiei Menachem H. Elias - the Romanian Academy
Fundatia Patrimoniu - the Romanian Academy
Fundatia Seminarul Matematic "Al.Myller"
Universitatea "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi
E-mail address: email@example.com
The Eighth Congress of Romanian Mathematicians
c/o Simion Stoilow Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy
P.O. Box 1-764, RO-014700 Bucharest, Romania
Fax: (00) 40 21 319 65 05