- master degree of the Faculty of Mathematics, Univeristy of Bucharest in 1982, with Magna cum Laudae
- Ph.D. in mathematics in 1990 at the Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania, with the thesis Free boundary problems in fluid mechanics
- since 1997 AMS member.
- since 1983 senior researcher at the Department of Mathematics of INCREST, Bucharest (in 1990 it became the Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy), Department of Mechanics.
- since 1982 part time teaching of seminars and courses at the Department of Mechanics of the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Bucharest.
- asymptotic methods in fluid mechanics
- control problems in mechanics of continuous media
- mathematical methods in mechanics of continuous media with special interest in the study of partial differential equations in fluid mechanics and porous media flow, such as: functional methods, variational methods
- numerical analysis employing finite element methods for obtaining quantitative behaviour of solutions of PDE in mechanics of continua.
List of publications available here