- Gabriel Baditoiu
- Barbu Berceanu
- Corina Calinescu
- Dorin Cheptea
- Liana David
- Olivia Dumitrescu
- Victor Lozovanu
- Anca Macinic
- Daniel Matei
- Laurentiu Maxim
- Sergiu Moroianu
- Adriana Nenciu
- Florin Nichita
- Liviu Ornea
- Florin Panaite
- Radu Pantilie
- Stefan Papadima
- Bogdan Popescu
- Calin Popescu
- Radu Popescu
- Florin Stan
- Costin Vilcu
- Topology of algebraic varieties and configuration spaces
- Topological methods in group theory
- Twisted homology and group cohomology
- Invariants of knots and 3-manifolds, braids and mapping class groups
- Combinatorial algebra and topology
- Characteristic classes of singular spaces, Hodge theory
- Spectral theory on hyperbolic manifolds, eta invariants
- Complex, quaternionic and Riemannian geometry
- Harmonic maps and morphisms, twistor theory
- Cut loci, Alexandrov spaces, convex surfaces
- Infinite dimensional Lie groups and algebras
- Hopf algebras, quantum groups and Yang-Baxter equations
- Monoidal and braided categories
There are two weekly seminars, held at the Institute, room "Gheorghe Vranceanu", 309:
- Differential Geometry Seminar, Wednesdays, from 10:00 to 12:00.
- Topology Seminar, Fridays, from 11:00 to 13:00.
The members of the group have publications in prestigious international journals, such as: Ann. of Math., Comm. Pure Appl. Math., Geom. Topol., Adv. Math., Ann. Scient. Ecole Norm. Sup., J. Algebraic Geom., Proc. London Math. Soc., Math. Ann., J. Funct. Anal., J. Reine Angew. Math., Topology, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., Int. Math. Res. Not. , Comment. Math. Helv., J. Differential Geom., Comm. Anal. Geom. , Ann. Inst. Fourier, Asterisque, J. Lond. Math. Soc., Comm. Math. Phys., J. Math. Soc. Japan, Adv. Geom., Q. J. Math., J. Algebra, Bull. Lond. Math. Soc., J. Math. Phys., J. Knot Theory Ramifications, J. Pure Appl. Alg., C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris, Ann. Global Anal. Geom..
All junior members are enrolled in Ph.D. programs.
Senior members currently supervise Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. theses, and teach courses at foreign and Romanian universities (e.g. University of Bucharest, SNSB).
The research of group members has been and it is currently supported by various grants, both national and international. Members of our team are involved in numerous international collaborations through scientific visits and joint research activities.